Thursday, December 1, 2011

Delightful December Day 1 - Homemade Ornaments

This is such a magical time of the year, 
I just love the festive month of December! 

It is time to celebrate with 
25 days of Christmas fun! 

The first thing my family does the day after Thanksgiving is set up our Christmas tree. I just love opening the box of ornament, filled with so many memories, and watching the kids hang each ornament. Yes, I usually have to go back and rearrange a bit, but it is still one of my favorite days of the year! My favorite ornaments are the homemade ones, especially by the kiddos!

Here are a few ideas to fill in those empty spots on your tree this year...

I just love this cute hand print snowman family I found from Stephanie over at Full of Great Ideas
You can find the tutorial HERE


I am also an owl lover. I know they are all over the place these days, but I loved them before they were cool! You can download a free pattern to make these adorable little hoots for your tree at Juicy Bits!

 And some of my very favorite ornaments are ones the kids have made with their sweet little pictures on them. We even have one that my hubby made when he was little! I found this thrifty idea using shower curtain rings that would definitely be worth a try. Check out Homeworkshop.com for the details!

I remember making salt dough ornaments with my mom when I was little, a classic that has to be passed on! It gets even cuter when you add a little hand print like Moment of Mommyhood did here!


Okay, now it's time to share YOUR favorite homemade ornament ideas!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Smile!