Sunday, December 4, 2011

Delightful December Day 4 - Homemade Gifts (Message Boards)

December is the month for giving! I love homemade gifts for a few reasons. One, they can be a pretty thrifty option. Two, they show that you put effort into the gift. Three, I love to craft so it's a great way to make cute things without filling my own home will all of them!

Today's homemade craft idea is message boards. We have a few of these around my house, they are used for everything from love notes to grocery lists. I love that you can put a personal touch on them when you make them yourself.


I love this idea from Michelle at Mish Mash to use a frame and decorate under the glass with scrapbook papers and embellishments! You could even change it out throughout the year, so fun!

Another take on the frame idea is shared here by Little Birdie Secrets! I love the menu idea and think one might have to make its way onto my kitchen wall soon!


I made this one as a craft with my MOPS group years ago. The kids love to write little notes to mommy and daddy since we have it in our room (that is why it is a little messy).
It is just a large smooth white tile that is decorated with paint pens. The back easel is made with a wallet sized acrylic frame that is glued (using E-6000 adhesive) to the back of the tile. 


I also love this idea for a teacher's gift, you can make the tile into a sheet of notebook paper! Find the tutorial here on Madigan Made.

I'd love to hear any message board ideas you have or who you'd like to make one of these cute crafts for!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Smile!