Friday, December 23, 2011

Delightful December Day 23 - Christmas Breakfast

I'd love to know what is on your menu for Christmas morning! 


At our house the requested dishes are "extra cheesy cheesy eggs" aka scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, cinnamon rolls, and OJ. I have tried to make monkey bread the past few years, but it never seems to turn out.


The problem with breakfast food for me is timing, getting it all done at the same time to serve hot. I might make some of these blueberry almond muffins from Busy Cooks for the kids to munch on while I am fixing everything else.


I also love baked french toast, not only because it is yummy but because it can be made ahead. Unfortunately my family does not share my fondness for this dish!

I might just have to try this Christmas Morn Breakfast Casserole shared on Recipe4Living. It can be made the night before, sounds super easy, and would save this mama the stress of cooking on Christmas day.

Christmas Morn Casserole

Ingredients


  • 6 eggs, slightly beaten
  • 1 C. cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 1 tsp. dry mustard
  • 1 lb. pork sausage, browned and drained
  • 1 C. biscuit baking mix
  • 2 C. milk
  • 1 tsp. oregano

Directions

Mix all ingredients and pour into a 13x9 baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bake uncovered in 350-degree oven for 1 hour.

Time to share...do you have any Christmas breakfast traditions or easy make ahead breakfast dishes?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Smile!