Saturday, December 17, 2011

Delightful December Day 17 - Scarves!

Scarves are so trendy right now, I know I wish I had a few more to accessorize with. They can be pricey for such a simple strip of fabric, so I searched some DIY ideas and wanted to share!


I love these braided designs made from recycled t-shirts, for the tutorial check out This Old Dress!


Fleece is so cozy and warm and easy to work with. I think this fringed fleece scarf would be cute for any age and can be customized with any color combination. Check out Make and Takes for a demo!


For a feminine look you can check out this pretty ruffled scarf tutorial from Quiver Full of Blessings (love that blog name!) and make one for yourself. I think I just might have to go find some cute fabric to make my own this week!


Not getting out the sewing machine any time soon? Well here is a simple no-sew option for you with just a strip of fleece that is that is 7" wide by 64" long. Sam from All Sam's Idea gives a great tutorial with pictures HERE.

Time to share...do you wear scarves and what is your favorite style? Would you ever attempt to make your own?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Smile!