Sunday, December 18, 2011

Delightful December Day 18 - Cold Season

Well, unfortunately tonight I am not feeling so delightful. My son has a cold and I am pretty sure he has shared his germs with Mama. 
I have that yucky "you're about to get a cold" feeling 
in my head and throat!

These are the home remedy steps I am taking to hopefully prevent this thing from becoming a full blown cold:

1. Drink extra fluids! - I am trying to do this anyhow since I am pregnant, but I will try even harder now.


2. Gargle warm salt water. - I read that it reduces inflammation, 
pain and mucous. 
It is also said to flush out bacteria and viruses, worth a try!
3. Steamy shower - I am hoping the humidity will help, and if not it is just a relaxing refuge from the circus in my house. 


4. Neti Pot - Again, to flush out anything trying to make a home in my nasal passages. Bleck!
 
5. Extra sleep - Okay, as the pregnant mom of four this is going to be the toughest one, but I will start with going to bed early tonight. 

6. Visit my chiropractor - I know if everything is in alignment my immune system will be able to do its job better!

Time to share...what are your sure fire tips
on preventing a cold, 
especially when you start to feel 
the first sign of symptoms 
AND it is the week before Christmas?!!
Help!


1 comment :

Comments Make Me Smile!