Thursday, December 8, 2011

Delightful December Day 8 - Nativity Scenes

“And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.”  Luke 2:10


I love nativity scenes. What better way to remember what this season is all about than to decorate your home with the manger scene of Jesus’ birth. There are so many fun decorative options out there. We still have the standard porcelain set, but I also have a few others throughout the house. 


One of my favorites is this snowman scene that my mom gave me from Frosty Follies.

I purchased this simple wooden set decorated in scrap cloth at a craft show several years ago. It seems like it would be pretty easy to replicate with only wood, paint and fabric.


I have always wanted an outdoor scene for my front yard. My husband may never have the time to make one, so I found a great site that sells them called Nativitysceneoutdoor.com. They are easy to store and I love the simple design!


One more for my wish list is this beautiful candle set from Dayspring!







Here’s a fun activity to do with your kids! The printable from Lacy at Catholic Icing is free and they can make their very own nativity for their room!




Another fun option for the kids are the Fisher Price and Veggie Tales versions. I also found these sweet nativity blocks from Made4munchkins on Etsy!






I hope to add this one from Christianbooks.com to my collection someday.  It has the Christmas story inscribed on the back of each pillar and a unique design that can be arranged in many ways. 


If you’re feeling crafty, here is a pretty simple and thrifty project to try! With just a few supplies you can make your own nativity and choose colors to match your decor. Get the instructions HERE from Jessica at Craftily Ever After!


Time to share...Do you have a favorite nativity scene or nativity craft idea?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Smile!