Friday, August 13, 2010

Cloth Diapering Day 3

So far, so good! I have had no problems with leaks, laundering is easier than I thought, and she just looks so darn cute in these things!


The only problem I have run into is that it is the heat of Summer and all this extra fabric makes her sweat! I think I need to look into a few different styles for the hot months (there aren't very many her in CO) because the microfleece interior of most these Kawaii diapers keeps her pretty warm. I did order a couple of the "Pure and Natural" style, and they have a suede fabric lining. We will give them a try today! Do any of you experienced mamas out there have any tips for keeping cool in cloth diapers in the Summer?!

The next thing I want to try is homemade cloth wipes. Beth has a great tip for this HERE.

6 comments :

  1. Hi! I'm your newest follower from Friendly Friday!!! Nice to meet you! Our families are similar. I have 5 boys & 1 little girl.

    Would love it if you'd come visit & return the favor. :)
    Lisa xoxo
    http://RaisingFutureLeaders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you're trying out cloth with your 4th, I always say that if I were to have another (I have 2 girls) that I would give CD a try. I hope you continue to have success!

    Thanks so much for joining us for Friendly Friday, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, four kiddos huh? And all as precious as can be! that photo shoot with the diapers is ADORABLE :) I wish I would have attempted cloth diapers, but my youngest is already 15months old...guess its making me think about another baby?! Ha! have a great Friday!

    I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I'm following you from MBC. If you get a chance, please visit my new health blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recommend just letting her go in nothing but her diapers! This way you can show them off and she stays cooler. :-) But yea, I can see how suede cloth might be a tad bit cooler. I guess I have never thought about my babies being too warm in their diapers.

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make Me Smile!